Pages

"Breathe deep, fly high, seek peace"

"Breathe deep, fly high, seek peace"



-Skybax rider motto



Wednesday 21 November 2012

Aloe, Aloe, my little Aloe's

Aloe juvenna


Photo's of all my Aloes now dug up & potted, ready for relocation.  A memory jogger, as I know I will forget which one is which & what it does once Im in the midst of gardening again.  The Chief keeps quietly reminding me "that we are not going to rush in & plant willy nilly are we?" but oh, it will be so so hard not to.

Aloe mountain gem
 
 
 
Aloe plicatilis - fan aloe
 Am yet to dig this one up, in one year it has grown so much as it was tiny when first planted!
Aloe spinossisima
 

Think A striata, but needs some tlc to recover from burns
Aloe striata - coral aloe

 Aloe dont know

Aloe dont know

is this even an aloe?
 

Aloe gemini

Aloe dorian black
 
Aloe mitriformis

5 comments:

  1. What a nice collection of aloes. I am just getting into succulents. They are good value and so easy to propogate. Good way to keep track of their names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought there was only one, I had no idea there were so many varieties. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting variety. Not too many around here where I garden, unless you are a real afficianado. By the way, I love the Dinotopia series, read them to my boys when they were small. Sadly they have moved on to other interests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay someone else who has them, my boys r all grown up too, but for many years we lived Dinotopia!

      Delete
  4. Nice aloe collection! Dorian Black has always been one of my favs, too bad they aren't so popular around here and quite hard to find. The one you aren't sure is an aloe or not might be a Gasteraloe, they hybridize Gasteria and Aloe often, check out some pictures and see if the leaf structure is similar.

    ReplyDelete